Thursday, August 6, 2009

FoOdiE FriDaY!!!! AnD HucKleBerry CheeseCaKe

It's that time of year here in Southeast Idaho, we head for the hills and spend hours picking little purple berries. . .

If you can pick a whole gallon, without spilling any or eating too many, you've scored !!!!!

So what do we do with these tart little purple berries when we get them home? One of our favorite desserts is Huckleberry cheesecake, we also mix them with raspberries to tone down the 'tartness' and make freezer jam. . .Yum!!!! Oh and it makes a delicious ice cream topping too, my mouth is watering just talking about it. . .there is only one
drawback, you have purple stained fingers for a few days, it's a small price to
pay for the delicious 'GOODNESS'!!!
You can check out the other wonderful entries at the blogsite below http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't know if I've ever had anything with huckleberries. My Mom and Dad used to pick elderberries and make the grandest pies but they were even smaller I think. Your berries look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful. I am glad to know you can pick purple berries there in ID. Are they huckleberries or blueberries. My daughter lives in Middleton. Is that close to you or the berries? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks absolutely delicious. I'll bet it tastes every bit as good as it looks. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats looks so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM... I had cheesecake on Wednesday... my week allotment... looking at your photo... I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will come to Crock Pot Wednesdays at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com this week. Mr. Linky is up and waiting for your entry. How lucky you are to have such an abundance of huckleberries.

    ReplyDelete