Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day #29. . .Final Day of Gift Giving


So today is the last day of my 29 days of giving. . .
And it seems that my gift of babysitting has been duplicated several times
over the past 29 days!!!
Also fitting that the final day was a gift of time spent with a couple
of the grandkids, while a mom had some 'me time'!
I think mom's need a little time away from the kids once in awhile
 to keep them from 'burn out'!!!
Final gift #29. . .Babysitting
Sooo, what have I learned or gained from this past month of 'giving'?
It has made me very aware of opportunities that arise in our daily lives
to serve others in all sorts of ways. . .
Mostly not big and grand 'Mother Teresa' kinds of things
but subtle, little acts of kindness that present themselves daily. . .if we just pay attention!
Hopefully, random acts that may have made someone else's burdens a
little lighter and helped take the focus off my own challenges!!!
I thought at first it might be hard to come up with 29 straight days of gifts,
but new opportunities came up everyday!
The challenge just reminded me to act on the opportunities that came my way
instead of just thinking about it or saying oh, maybe tomorrow or next time,
 blah, blah, blah!
Anyway, it was a good experience, and one I hope to repeat often.
Thanks Cami Walker for offering up a challenge
and for letting us come along with you on your journey of
'Gift Giving'
and showing us how 'giving' can make a difference to us both
emotionally and physically!

No comments:

Post a Comment